AnsweredAssumed Answered

Folder is not a folder???

Question asked by aweber1nj on Jul 10, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2012 by pankajt
I'm getting the following exception (snippet) when I'm trying to create a new folder and add it to an existing folder.  This existing folder, the "prospective parent" is a custom folder type.

I was able to use the same code to add a folder to a cmis:folder parent, so I'm wondering if there's something special I need to do to tell cmis that the parent I'm trying to add this child-folder to is a cmis:folder subtype…but it should be able to check that very easily using the BaseTypeId.

Code snippet:
   String typePlusAspects = "F:" + curTypeName + ",P:sys:hidden";
            props.put(PropertyIds.NAME, nameTemplate);
            props.put(PropertyIds.OBJECT_TYPE_ID, typePlusAspects);
            fldrObj = destFolder.createFolder(props);
Exception thrown:
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisInvalidArgumentException: Folder is not a folder!
   at org.alfresco.opencmis.CMISNodeInfoImpl.checkIfFolder(CMISNodeInfoImpl.java:756)
   at org.alfresco.opencmis.AlfrescoCmisServiceImpl.getOrCreateFolderInfo(AlfrescoCmisServiceImpl.java:292)
   at org.alfresco.opencmis.AlfrescoCmisServiceImpl.createFolder(AlfrescoCmisServiceImpl.java:1055)
   at org.alfresco.opencmis.AlfrescoCmisServiceImpl.create(AlfrescoCmisServiceImpl.java:1019)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor770.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
Any ideas?

Thanks again,
AJ

Outcomes