AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom Aspect Error: prefix is not mapped to a namespace URI

Question asked by fez on Jun 11, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2010 by mikeh
Hi,

I've been trying out Alfresco Community Edition 3.3. in Windows (Server 2008), currently I'm working with custom aspects to add properties as attibutes for a document's metadata.

I have found what seems to be a Bug, or a configuration/concept issue that I don't understand maybe due to lack of knowledge, that's why I really need some help with it. the problem goes as follows:

1. I Add a custom aspect (this one kb:referencable -> Based on this article: http://blogs.alfresco.com/wp/wabson/2010/02/25/adding-custom-aspect-support-in-alfresco-share/), which modifies only the share-config-custom.xml file, it adds fine.
2. I add a second aspect, or modify the existing one (anyway, or make a change) and I get this error: org.alfresco.service.namespace.NamespaceException: Namespace prefix kb is not mapped to a namespace URI in the metadata fields listing when clicking the document. Where 'kb' is the custom aspect's prefix name)
3. I go back to scenario in #1, that is having the single aspect I added the way it was, I get the same error.
4. I even roll-back to the original share-config-custom.xml file, it works fine, try the original change files, I get the same error.
5. I uninstall the application, re-install, try the original aspect, and I get the same error.

:?:

I suppose I'm missing something due to being new to many things of the xml-namespaces world because this error just doesn't seem to make sense, specially after unistalling the app and deleting the existing directories

PLEASE HELP! I need some advice on this, since we really want to use a customized alfresco but don't want it to be a nightmare customization, specially when a bad change implies the whole other changes to fail.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes