AnsweredAssumed Answered

Perform action/behaviour before content, on share download

Question asked by otb on Jul 31, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 by otb
Hello,

I am rather new in alfresco, and would like to know a little more about its limitations.

To be precise, I would like to know if there is a way to perform a task over an uploaded/created content before it is stored on the file system. Complementing this task, I would like to know if there is a way to do it reverse. So a task is performed over the content to be downloaded, without modifying the file system copy.

I have thought about linking a behaviour to a custom type so it triggers on one of the beforeX policies. But don't know if the task will be executed before the filesystem content is stored or one has to modify/override the alfresco source code to do so (I hope not).

On the same side, I don't know how to perform a task before download. I can do it on every read operation with a content read policy, but it seems too much. Also, it may be that it is a Share question, and the task has to be executed on Share instead of alfresco core itself.

So here is my question. Could anybody give me a hint or two on how do behaviour/actions/share tasks relate to storage and download operations? Can tasks be executed at this point on the operation flow? Or should I execute them on the client app before the alfresco transactions have started?

Thanks

(If this topic does not belong to this forum list, sorry. Re-locate as needed)

Outcomes