AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using a folder rule to execute a script from the classpath?

Question asked by dnallsopp on Aug 21, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 by scouil
I would like to use a folder rule to trigger a script, using the normal "Manage Rules" wizard. The pull down menu for "Execute Script" seem to be populated from the scripts in Data Dictionary/Scripts in the repository - this all works fine.

However, is there a way to include scripts from the classpath instead, in this menu? If so, where should they go?

The reason I want to do this is so that I can automate the installation of the server, including putting the scripts into the relevant classpath folder. I don't really want to have to manually upload scripts to the repo every time we set up a test VM, which we may do very frequently during development. We are aiming for a fully automated deployment and configuration of a server and Share Site.

Presumably another alternative would be to automate the upload of the scripts into the repo when installing it - what would be the easiest way to do this? FTP and CIFS will be disabled in our setup, so perhaps I'd need to use a webscript to upload them? Or is there some way to automatically run one-off initialisation scripts when the repo is first run?

Thanks for any pointers…

Update: another thought - does anyone use the Export and Import functionality for this kind of configuration? Explicit scripting would be better, but importing folders/permissions/rules might work…

Outcomes