AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco Reserved Words ????

Question asked by nirvanvjain on Sep 1, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2012 by mrogers
Hi Alfresco Product Technical Team/Alfresco Partners/All Alfresco Folks,

I have recently come across one weird/uncanny scenario. I have created one webscript in which I am fetching some values from personService and also using nodeService of Alfresco. I have given webscript name as SendUserMail and files' name for that is as below :

1)SendUserMail.java
2)sendUserMail.get.xml.ftl
3)sendUserMail.get.desc.xml

I am also making one proper entry in web-scripts-application-context.xml too.

Now When I have deployed and restarted the server then it wouldn't have worked and server went out of memory too.

I don't know why it is so ?!  For time being forget about server CACHE/MEMORY issue but why this didn't work ????

Okie,Hold on before you quip that webscipt might have a issue, no it has not..!!

I just changed the name and it worked. I am getting all the values perfectly when I tested the same code of that webscript and also send a mail from that !!

[size=125]Now bunch of questions/quests arises in my mind is :[/size]

1) Is there issue with the name ?
2) Is this issue with Alfresco ? (If yes, how to resolve it ?)
3) Are there any reserved words in Alfresco ? (If yes, please guide and name them or pass some links please)
4) Are there any reserved names for webscript ? (If yes, please guide and name them or pass some links please)
5) Are there any limitation in names ? (I suppose no !!!)
6) Are there any limitation in putting your javaclass to (say) X level down(inside) in package ? (I suppose no !!!)

Thanks!
-Nirvan

Outcomes