AnsweredAssumed Answered

Add controls on CIFS/Webdav access

Question asked by mlagneaux on Jul 15, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2010 by mlagneaux
Hi,

I'm delopping on Alfresco 3.2r Community. I've changed the model so that a document has a property "status" that can take differents values (Draft, Approuved, Obsolete, …).

I've added evaluators on differents actions and now a document can't be modified when its status is Approuved or Obsolete without creating a new version of the document (all the documents are versionable) : those actions (for example update_doc) are hidden.

The problem is that the user can modify the document using CIFS or Webdav access. Is it possible to add controls on actions undertaken from a CIFS or Webdav access ?

For example, I have a document with Approuved status. Actions which can modify my document such as update_doc are hidden thanks to my evaluators. The user can only use edit_doc_offline action that will create a new version of the document. If the user open the document using CIFS access, he can modify it and save the modifications. Considering the status of the document, I don't want that to be possible.

Is it possible :
- to test the status of the document when it is opened under CIFS or Webdav, and open it with a read-only lock if the status is Approuved or Obsolete ?
- to configure CIFS so that documents are opened with read-only access and develop a new "action" (like actions provided by .exe files in CIFS repositories) that make it possible to open a document with a write access.

Thank you for your help.

Outcomes