AnsweredAssumed Answered

IMAP Service my doubts

Question asked by bisana on Sep 13, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2012 by bisana
Hi
My alfresco instance runs fine with no error after I configured IMAP settings in 'alfresco-global.properties', this is what I have added

imap.server.enabled=true
imap.server.port=143
imap.server.attachments.extraction.enabled=true
imap.mail.from.default=alfresco@demo.alfresco.org
# Default IMAP mount points
imap.config.home.store=${spaces.store}
imap.config.home.rootPath=/${spaces.company_home.childname}
imap.config.home.folderPath=Imap Home
imap.config.server.mountPoints=AlfrescoIMAP
imap.config.server.mountPoints.default.mountPointName=IMAP
imap.config.server.mountPoints.default.modeName=ARCHIVE
imap.config.server.mountPoints.default.store=${spaces.store}
imap.config.server.mountPoints.default.rootPath=/${spaces.company_home.childname}
imap.config.server.mountPoints.value.AlfrescoIMAP.
mountPointName=Alfresco IMAP
imap.config.server.mountPoints.value.AlfrescoIMAP.modeName=MIXED

Now after restart my catilana.log does not throw errors, so I assume my IMAP setting is fine,
Now when  configured my 'thunderbird' to connect to ALfresco IMAP it is not connecting, it throws a message 'Could not connect to mail server , connection refused', this means my mail client cannot connect to the IMAP Server.

Now for the purpose of trouble shooting from my desktop, I tried to telnet to alfresco server on port 143, this time also I am getting a message connection refused, as shown below

telnet  192.168.0.89 143
Trying 192.168.0.89…
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

So there was no IMAP service running in my Alfresco server, even though I had done the correct changes in 'alfresco-global.properties', now my doubt is that
   (a) Should I have IMAP services(sendmail or Postfix or simillar dovecot,cyrus ) running at my alfresco server
   (b) When we configured CIFS, there was no need to for the system SAMBA to be configured, Alfresco had its own service running and we redirected the ports using  IPTABLES, Do we need to do something simillar over here,

Guidance requested

Outcomes