AnsweredAssumed Answered

LDAP not using specified configuration

Question asked by warlockvix on Jul 23, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 by nileshyadav326
Having a bit of an issue with my new alfresco install. I installed Alfresco 3.3g on Windows 2k3 and I am trying to sync and authenticate with AD. For past installs, I've always gone into ldap-ad-authentication.properties or created a changes.properties file and specified what server to point at for LDAP. So I altered the ldap-ad-authentication.properties file but I seem to be having a configuration issue.

Is there another location that I need to modify as well as the files under Authentication\ldap-ad? I ask because my sync and authentication connection times out. In the log, Alfresco is trying to connect to my domain name instead of the server IP I have specified in my ldap-ad-authentication.properties file. So I figure there's another field I need to change or modify but I'm having a heck of a time finding it. Any ideas?

ldap-ad\ldap-ad-authentication.properties
ldap.authentication.java.naming.provider.url=ldap://10.10.3.51:389

LDAP sync fails error -
"Caused by: javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: THISISMYDOMAIN.COM:389 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect]]"

Outcomes