AnsweredAssumed Answered

3.2 => 3.3 Upgrade Failure

Question asked by iantopanto on Jul 29, 2010
I have a slight problem with the upgrade procedure.  Here are the steps i have done so far.
1)  install fresh new alfresco 3.3 community and validated that it works as expected
2)  shutdown
3)  copy my alf_data folder into the new installation
4)  restored a copy of the database
5)  copied my alfresco-global.properties file into tomcat/shared/classes/
6) startup alfresco

Its upgraded the database and done a whole bunch of patches but got stuck on patch.emailInviteAndNotifyTemplatesFolder.
My current installation has all the folder structures from "Email Templates" downwards and is the same as a new installation.

Here is the log file:
========tries out of 21816. 100% complete. Rate: 162 per second. 0 failures detected.
10:55:37,847 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.impl.FixNameCrcValuesPatch$HibernateHelper] FixNameCrcValuesPatch: Completed batch of 21816 entries
10:55:38,048 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter]        Applying patch 'patch.personUsagePatch' (Add person 'cm:sizeCurrent' property (if missing).).
10:55:38,048 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.impl.PersonUsagePatch] Checking for people with missing 'cm:sizeCurrent' property …
10:55:38,277 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.impl.PersonUsagePatch] … no people were missing the 'cm:sizeCurrent' property
10:55:38,280 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter]        Applying patch 'patch.redeployNominatedInvitationProcessWithPropsForShare' (Redeploy nominated invitation workflow).
10:55:38,947 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter]        Applying patch 'patch.rendition.rendering_actions' (Creates the Rendering Actions folder.).
10:55:39,359 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter]        Applying patch 'patch.thumbnailsAssocQName' (Update the 'cm:thumbnails' association QName to 'rn:rendition'.).
10:55:39,375 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter]        Applying patch 'patch.emailInviteAndNotifyTemplatesFolder' (Ensures the existence of the 'Email Invite Templates' and 'Email Notify Templates' folders.).
10:55:39,588 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter] 06290001 java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
        at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
        at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
        at org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.impl.EmailTemplatesInviteAndNotifyFoldersPatch.createFolderAndMoveTemplate(EmailTemplatesInviteAndNotifyFoldersPatch.java:288)
        at org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.impl.EmailTemplatesInviteAndNotifyFoldersPatch.applyInternal(EmailTemplatesInviteAndNotifyFoldersPatch.java:190)
        at org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.AbstractPatch$1$1.execute(AbstractPatch.java:416)
        at org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.AbstractPatch$1$1.execute(AbstractPatch.java:410)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:321)
        at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:228)
        at org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.AbstractPatch$1.doWork(AbstractPatch.java:442)
==========
Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Ian

Outcomes