AnsweredAssumed Answered

Changing FTP dir root

Question asked by trakhan on Aug 9, 2010
Hello everyone.

I have some trouble with something, which I think should be rather easy. I want to change root directory for ftp, so that if client log on using ftp was targeted to specific company directory for new scanned documents. I tried various methods, but it seems, that I'm missing some basics about alfresco configuration.

Acording to this wiki post I should override the rootDirectory in /tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/fileServers/default/default/custom-file-servers-context.xml.

I tried to create the file based on what is in WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/fileServers/default/file-servers-context.xml, but with no success.

Later on I also tried to configure filesystems according to this wiki page, although it's marked as outdated. I tried to put there this to override default root:
<alfresco-config area="file-servers">
<config evaluator="string-compare" condition="FTP Server">
        <serverEnable enabled="true"/>
        <port>21</port>
        <rootDirectory>/Alfresco/</rootDirectory>
        <charSet>UTF8</charSet>
</config>

</alfresco-config>

But still no change. I'm sure I'm missing something, but not sure what and why. So if could anyone help me or point me in the right direction (of how the configurations should be made), I'd really appreciate it.

I'm running latest Alfresco Comunnity (3.3g) version on CentOS Linux.

Outcomes