AnsweredAssumed Answered

Document Preview not Working 4.2a

Question asked by newadmin on Oct 24, 2012
Hey All,

Just did a fresh install of Alfresco 4.2a on CentOS. Everything is working well except the document preview is not loading. Images will load, but not documents. Whether it's a DOCX file or a simple TXT file it makes no difference. The preview window will just display the little spinning arrows icon forever. In my alfresco.log file I see the following error:

11:07:52,261 WARN  [org.alfresco.util.OpenOfficeConnectionTester] An initial OpenOffice connection could not be established.
11:07:52,286 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] Startup of 'OOoDirect' subsystem

and then later on…

11:08:02,956 WARN  [org.alfresco.util.OpenOfficeConnectionTester] Error trying to query Open Office version information. OpenOffice.org's ConfigurationRegistry not implemented in this version of OOo. This should not affect the operation of OOo.
11:08:02,960 INFO  [org.alfresco.util.OpenOfficeConnectionTester] The OpenOffice connection was re-established.

It appears to be an issue with the open office plugin, although I am not sure why since I am using the version included with the Alfresco installer.

Outcomes