AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco 4.2.b OutOfMemoryError

Question asked by smcardle on Oct 29, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2013 by bopolissimus
Hi All

I have some serious concerns about the 4.2.b version I have just installed.

Environment

Centos 5.8 (2 x CPU) (6Gig RAM)
MySQL 5.5
OpenJDK 7
Tomcat 7

Basically I am getting hundreds of OutOfMemoryErrors in the catalina.log file regarding Solr

catalina.out:Exception in thread "SolrTrackingPool-alfresco961" java.lang.IllegalStateException: this writer hit an OutOfMemoryError; cannot flush
(getting hundreds of these)

Here are my JVM settings

/usr/bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/alfresco/tomcat/conf/logging.properties -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -Xss1024k -XX:NewSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -server -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=80 -Dalfresco.home=/opt/alfresco -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/alfresco/tomcat/temp -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/alfresco/tomcat/endorsed -classpath /opt/alfresco/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/alfresco/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/alfresco/tomcat -Dcatalina.home=/opt/alfresco/tomcat -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/alfresco/tomcat/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

As you can see I have 4 gig of RAM,  One Gig has been reserved for MaxPermSize just to try to get rid of these OutOfMemoryErrors. The stack size is 1meg etc etc.

What is going on here ?????

The CPU usage is running at about between 90% and 197% usage across the 2 processors and the used swap space starts to increase……

Share takes it's time doing content conversions and eventually it just all falls over in a pile of crap giving 500 server errors at the browser requiring a restart.
This happens over the period of just a couple of hours with just ONE user ????

Any ideas here would be good because I am just about out of them !!!!!

Steve

Outcomes