AnsweredAssumed Answered

Making cm:categories mandatory

Question asked by ukdavo on Nov 6, 2012
Hi folks

I have an aspect (e.g. 'test:content') that includes the 'cm:generalclassifiable' aspect in the mandatory aspects block. My aspect is currently applied to incoming documents via a rule. I want to make the 'cm:categories' property mandatory so that all test documents must be given a category when they're uploaded into the repository.

I had a look at the model schema (http://svn.alfresco.com/repos/alfresco-open-mirror/alfresco/HEAD/root/projects/repository/config/alfresco/model/modelSchema.xsd). The definition of the overrides block looks like this:

<xs:complexType name="propertyOverride">
      <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element name="mandatory" type="xs:boolean"
            maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" />
         <xs:element name="default" type="xs:string"
            maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" />
         <xs:element name="constraints" maxOccurs="1"
            minOccurs="0">
            <xs:complexType>
               <xs:sequence>
                  <xs:element name="constraint" type="dd:constraint"
                     maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="1" />
               </xs:sequence>
            </xs:complexType>
         </xs:element>
      </xs:sequence>
      <xs:attributeGroup ref="dd:name" />

This doesn't seem to support the 'enforced' attribute:

<xs:complexType name="mandatoryDef" mixed="true">
      <xs:attribute name="enforced" use="optional" type="xs:boolean"/>    

Does this mean that I can't specify that the 'cm:categories' property is enforced?

So assuming that I can past the above issue, can someone tell me if there is some way to force Share to display the property sheet during document upload/import? I see that FME has a customisation that does exactly this so I'm assuming that this addresses a limitation of Share. Unfortunately, the FME customisation is a commercial add-on.

I'm currently using Alfresco 3.4.8 Enterprise with a view to upgrading to Alfresco 4.1 or 4.2 Enterprise in future.

Cheers

Mark

Outcomes