AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco configuration for bounced Emails

Question asked by msblissful on Sep 22, 2010
Hello,

My apologies if I post on a wrong place or if my problem is really not applicable for Alfresco. I'm researching for quite some time now and I can't get to the exact answer. I need help.
Here are the software I've used for our project:
- Alfresco 3.2r
- Hmail server
- MS Office Outlook

I've followed the steps on the link http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Inbound_SMTP_Email_Server_Configuration to set the project's Inbound email functionlity. It's working just fine. To test it, I've installed a local mail server on my Machine. And use Outlook to send emails.

If Outlook encounters the problems stated below, it only shows the Send/Receive error of MS Outlook and the email will not be sent. What I want to do is if the problems occured, Alfresco will send a friendly message informing the sender that the problem occured, not just the Send/Receive error that will show on MS Outlook. (I think one example for this is the Mailer Daemon for most email groups; for bounced emails)

1. If the folder is non-existent
2. user is not included in the EMAIL_CONTRIBUTOR group
3. etc

It has also come to my attention that this problem is within the mail server itself, not with Alfresco. Because I checked the logs, the error doesn't reach the Alfresco server. Just the outlook server. Is my problem applicable only to the mail server?

Please do advise.

Thank you so much.

Outcomes