AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upgrade to 3.2 Community from 3.0D fails on Authorities

Question asked by warren.mcdonald on Sep 25, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 9, 2010 by warren.mcdonald
Hello,

During testing the upgrade process from 3.0D to 3.2 the MySQL schema  operations execute successfully and all of the patches up to the Authority Migrations work as well. The authority migrations ran for 12 hours and the failed with the following error.

org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 08250001 Authorities of the type GUEST may not be added to other authorities

Can anybody point me in the right direction to find where the cause of this may be. I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that we have assigned Guest access to a folder somehow in a way that is no longer permitted in 3.2. We have not done this often, so I think I know where to look.

Two issues come to mind immediately.
1 Am I on the right track in looking for allocation of Guest access where other user or group access has also been assigned.
2. Assuming I find this in the live system, is there anyway I can remove this in the test DB and restart to complete the migration? Otherwise I would need to start from scratch on a fresh copy of the Repo and DB. Since I am only part way through the migration, and cannot start the partially cooked 3.2 test instance.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Warren

Outcomes