AnsweredAssumed Answered

Recommended upgrade path - Oracle Alf. 2.1 to MySQL Alf. 3.x

Question asked by mjdinsmore on Oct 1, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2010 by mjdinsmore
Hi everyone,
   I've been using the Oracle implementation of Alfresco for a few years.  I need to upgrade it so I can fix a few problems (like being able to regenerate the indexes) which have been addressed in a later version of Alfresco.

What is the recommended migration path for this?  I can tell you what I did, and where I'm getting stuck if you have any insight to that –

1. We started up an empty MySQL Alfresco 2.1 version, allowing it to create the MySQL database.  Then we shut it down.
2. Then we clean out all the tables that have data in it that causes migration from Oracle to MySQL (i.e. alf_permission) since starting up the MySQL Alfresco inserts some data into those tables.
3. I start up the 2.1 MySQL Alfresco and let it run for a while – and this is where I have a problem…

The log4j file says:
INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter] Checking for patches to apply …

and it seems to stay there for over 12 hours until:

11:51:41,328 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchExecuter] Checking for patches to apply …
21:53:20,726 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.admin.patch.PatchServiceImpl] org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Bootstrap failed

Caused by: org.alfresco.service.cmr.view.ImporterException: Failed to import package at line 14; column 20 due to error: Duplicate child name not allowed: Web Scripts
        at org.alfresco.repo.importer.view.ViewParser.parse(ViewParser.java:190)
        at org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterComponent.parserImport(ImporterComponent.java:360)
        at org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterComponent.importView(ImporterComponent.java:224)
        at org.alfresco.repo.importer.ImporterBootstrap.bootstrap(ImporterBootstrap.java:426)
        … 170 more
Caused by: org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.DuplicateChildNodeNameException: Duplicate child name not allowed: Web Scripts
        at org.alfresco.repo.node.db.hibernate.HibernateNodeDaoServiceImpl.setChildNameUnique(HibernateNodeDaoServiceImpl.java:698)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor264.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

I couldn't find any posts about this specific error.  Is it because my approach to upgrading it is not proper or correct?  I'd love to hear from someone else who has gone through the same process and figured out how to do it successfully!

Thank you,
Michael

Outcomes