AnsweredAssumed Answered

In-line edit with CK Editor instead of TinyMCE?

Question asked by huima on Oct 6, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 by rock_tu
Has anyone else yet replaced the TinyMCE in Alfresco with CK editor? I tried to check out Alfresco Forge and postings from here in the forums, but did not find any comments about it.

I saw in a wiki that Alfresco has fixed TinyMCE into a specific version, which unfortunately makes it quite hard to jump and modify / extend TinyMCE as the api does not describe whether a certain feature and methods were available in which feature. For our use we were thinking about implementing inline editing with CK editor, which has a great api and great examples on how to modify it.

I was just wondering whether anyone else has already done or tried to do it, and whether there are any gotchas to watch out.

For our case I'm starting to create our own 'in line edit' action and wizard, and integrate CK Editor into the edit view. We are modifying the editor to include only necessary styles and features and we are adding some custom functions to help content authors - and integrate adding image and link tools with the repository.

Would be interested to collaborate with others if people have similar needs.

Outcomes