AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upgrade issues: 3.3g community to 3.4 community

Question asked by bnordgren on Oct 31, 2010
Platform: that's a tricky one. My existing 3.3g installation (production instance) is on ArchLinux/Apache/Mysql/Tomcat6. The 3.4 installation (test instance) is WinXp/Apache/Mysql/Tomcat6.

  • I deployed Alfresco 3.4.a into my existing tomcat server using the "custom install" download.

  • I added the same modules to the new alfresco.war and share.war which were present in the existing installation (albeit using the 3.4 versions)

  • I added a module containing my local types to alfresco.war.

  • I loaded a dump of the 3.3g database into a new database called alfresco34.

  • I unzipped my 3.3g alf_dir into my 3.4 alf_dir.

  • Edited the alfresco-global.properties file to reflect the environment.

  • Started alfresco.
First problem was that saaj-api.jar and saaj-impl.jar were missing. So I added them.

The logfile indicates that the database upgrade scripts ran smoothly (hence the database connection parameters are ok). However, after a substantial delay, this error cropped up. I had not yet attempted to access alfresco via the


Caused by: org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: SqlMapClient operation; bad SQL grammar []; nested exception is com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:
— The error occurred in alfresco/ibatis/#resource.dialect#/node-common-SqlMap.xml.
— The error occurred while applying a parameter map.
— Check the alfresco.node.select_StoreRootNodeByRef-InlineParameterMap.
— Check the statement (query failed).
— Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'alfresco34.alf_store' doesn't exist

If this does not ring a bell, I can post a much more verbose excerpt from my log file.

Outcomes