AnsweredAssumed Answered

CIFS not working for me after upgrade to 3.4b

Question asked by ghernando on Nov 10, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 by insrc
I am running Alfresco community 3.4b on a WIndows XP machine.
I've upgraded from Alfresco 3.4a.  A lot of the bugs that I saw in 3.4a seem to be fixed.
But I now have a problem with CIFS.  It had  been working for me with 3.4a.

I have CIFS configured in the alfresco-global.properties file with just this:

cifs.enabled=true
cifs.serverName=alfrepo

After startup Alfresco  I can see that it is running OK.

With nbtstat -n I see the following:
                NetBIOS Local Name Table

Name               Type         Status
    ———————————————
    ALFREPO        <20>  UNIQUE      Registered
    ALFREPO        <00>  UNIQUE      Registered

I actually seem to be able to map the drive successfully.  It shows up in my computer folder list.
After I start navigating (as admin) through about the first two folders (Company Home and Sites) I start getting the following error.
Once I get the error I get the error on every folder that I click on, even ones that it let me navigate before the error happened.
Note that admin is the creator (Site Management) of the Share sites, so he should have authorization.

15:55:18,546 User:admin ERROR [org.alfresco.fileserver] org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.AccessDeniedException: 10090002 Access Denied.  You do not have the appropriate permissions to perform this operation.
org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.AccessDeniedException: 10090002 Access Denied.  You do not have the appropriate permissions to perform this operation.
   at org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.impl.ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.java:48)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
   at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.proceed(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:167)
   at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:137)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
   at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:107)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
   at $Proxy45.getStoreFreeSpace(Unknown Source)
   at org.alfresco.filesys.repo.ContentDiskDriver.getDiskInformation(ContentDiskDriver.java:3972)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.ProtocolHandler.getDiskInformation(ProtocolHandler.java:157)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.procTrans2QueryFileSys(NTProtocolHandler.java:4030)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.processTransactionBuffer(NTProtocolHandler.java:1773)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.procTransact2(NTProtocolHandler.java:1600)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.runProtocol(NTProtocolHandler.java:232)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.runHandler(SMBSrvSession.java:1366)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.processPacket(SMBSrvSession.java:1458)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.CIFSThreadRequest.runRequest(CIFSThreadRequest.java:59)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.server.thread.ThreadRequestPool$ThreadWorker.run(ThreadRequestPool.java:153)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: net.sf.acegisecurity.AccessDeniedException: Access is denied.
   at net.sf.acegisecurity.vote.AffirmativeBased.decide(AffirmativeBased.java:86)
   at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.AbstractSecurityInterceptor.beforeInvocation(AbstractSecurityInterceptor.java:394)
   at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:77)
   at org.alfresco.repo.model.ml.MLContentInterceptor.invoke(MLContentInterceptor.java:125)
   at org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.impl.ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.java:44)
   … 19 more

A.)  What is wrong?  Why don't I have permission?
B.)  How can I fix this?

Outcomes