AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calling forms from dashlets?

Question asked by zbennett on Nov 16, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2014 by yascorp
Hi all,

My end-goal is to create a dashlet that displays certain sites in a hierarchy through the use of custom aspects.  My partner is working on the dashlet's appearance, while I'm creating and managing the custom aspects.  So far we're doing pretty well - the dashlet is well underway and I have a decent grasp on creating custom aspects.  I'm having a really difficult time understanding the Forms Engine, though.

I have a lot more to learn before I start creating custom forms, but in the meantime, we want to make our dashlet display a form that already exists.  For example, I'm trying to create a proof of concept that will display the doclib-simple-metadata form for a hard-coded node when the user clicks a button in the dashlet.

The Firebug console shows the following when I click Edit Metadata on a particular folder in the document library:
GET http://192.168.100.38/share/service/components/form?itemKind=node&itemId=workspace://SpacesStore/5252128f-85be-4c4d-a9c4-7a02fa7fc5c0&destination={destination}&mode=edit&submitType=json&formId=doclib-simple-metadata&showCancelButton=true&htmlid=template_x002e_documentlist_x002e_documentlibrary-editDetails

Any input would be most appreciated!  Right now I'm just stabbing around in the dark and hoping that I hit something!

PS - I'm willing to change my proof of concept if anyone has suggestions.  I just want a working example of a dashlet that displays a form, in a modal pop-up window, using the Forms Engine.

Outcomes