AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot write to CIFS on Win Vista/7

Question asked by valerion on Nov 18, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2011 by valerion
Greetings,

I have recently installed a fresh installation of Alfresco 3.4b, and it works fine.  However, I find that Windows Vista and Windows 7 clients cannot create files on the CIFS share.  Once a file is created, you can delete and edit it.  I don't have this issue with my Windows XP client machines.

In my own workspace I get the following error:

14:18:38,933 User:braamvh ERROR [org.alfresco.fileserver] org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.AccessDeniedException: 10180002 Access Denied.  You do not have the appropriate permissions to perform this operation.
org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.AccessDeniedException: 10180002 Access Denied.  You do not have the appropriate permissions to perform this operation.
at org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.impl.ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.java:48)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.proceed(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:167)
at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:137)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:107)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
at $Proxy45.getStoreFreeSpace(Unknown Source)
at org.alfresco.filesys.repo.ContentDiskDriver.getDiskInformation(ContentDiskDriver.java:3972)
at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.ProtocolHandler.getDiskInformation(ProtocolHandler.java:157)
at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.procTrans2QueryFileSys(NTProtocolHandler.java:4030)
at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.processTransactionBuffer(NTProtocolHandler.java:1773)
at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.procTransact2(NTProtocolHandler.java:1600)
at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.runProtocol(NTProtocolHandler.java:232)
at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.runHandler(SMBSrvSession.java:1366)
at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.processPacket(SMBSrvSession.java:1458)
at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.nio.NIOCIFSThreadRequest.runRequest(NIOCIFSThreadRequest.java:105)
at org.alfresco.jlan.server.thread.ThreadRequestPool$ThreadWorker.run(ThreadRequestPool.java:153)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: net.sf.acegisecurity.AccessDeniedException: Access is denied.
at net.sf.acegisecurity.vote.AffirmativeBased.decide(AffirmativeBased.java:86)
at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.AbstractSecurityInterceptor.beforeInvocation(AbstractSecurityInterceptor.java:394)
at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:77)
at org.alfresco.repo.model.ml.MLContentInterceptor.invoke(MLContentInterceptor.java:125)
at org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.impl.ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.java:44)
… 19 more

Installed on CentOS 5.5 with no samba running on the machine.

Outcomes