AnsweredAssumed Answered

custom role same as editor except 'edit details'

Question asked by jeyaa on Nov 24, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2010 by rhoefer
Hi all,
I am using alfresco for past 3 weeks and right now am working with roles and permissions.
My task is to create a new customRole called CopyEditor which has to perform same as editor ie., My new custom role must have to "See folder/content, Edit content(checkout)" and should not edit the details of the content which editor does. So Is this possible to customize like this in permissionDefinitions.xml or have to write java code or something.

What I did so far was, had created a new Custom role and did some changes to edit the content and not properties.

<!– same as write permission, but excluded the WriteProperties permissionGroup–>
      <permissionGroup name="WriteOnlyContent" expose="true" allowFullControl="false">
          <includePermissionGroup type="sys:base" permissionGroup="WriteContent"/>
      </permissionGroup> 

<permissionGroup name="CustomRole"  expose="true" allowFullControl="false" >
         <includePermissionGroup type="cm:cmobject" permissionGroup="Consumer"/>
         <includePermissionGroup type="sys:base" permissionGroup="WriteOnlyContent"/>
         <includePermissionGroup type="cm:lockable" permissionGroup="CheckOut"/>
         <includePermissionGroup type="sys:base" permissionGroup="ReadPermissions"/>
      </permissionGroup>

role has been created, but in the UI for the CopyEditor space I am not able to checkout the file. The approach I performed is right or what should I do to make this work?

Thanks.

Outcomes