AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom Theming - Overwrite default HTML layout!?

Question asked by volkerlux on Dec 9, 2010
Hello alf community,

I am currently customizing my Alfresco Share with an individual theme using the css and images. But i reach the limits of non-destructive theming if i want to change the layout of the html structure. I know that the corresponding layout files are in share/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/site-webscripts/alfresco/components/ with *.get.html.ftl filenames. BUT - I dont want to edit these files directly since this wouldn't match my principles of theming in a nondestructive way. So my question is, whether its possible to overwrite the default layout-components with custom layout files (e.g. based on the default files but in another folder)???

This override works but its a general template UNRELATED override
http://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24167#wrap
It's possible to override all of this very easily. My shared loader path is /var/lib/tomcat6/shared/classes. I created a directory /var/lib/tomcat6/shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension/site-webscripts/org/alfresco/components/footer/ with a file footer.get.html.ftl with alternate footer content (different from the default in Alfresco Share), restarted tomcat and it was there. So now I'm off to edit more files, I hope I also solved your problem with my little journey.
Regards,
Michael

Im looking for a system that defines e.g. a folder MYTEMPLATE inside the "tomcat/shared/classes" directory where i can put all my override files in.

Thanks for your help.

regards,
Volker

Outcomes