AnsweredAssumed Answered

Deploy from workflow console - does it work?

Question asked by ph73nt on Dec 22, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 by ph73nt
Dear fellow Alfrescoers

I'm in the midst of configuring my team's Alfresco community system (3.4b). In particular I'm interested in customising workflows. I note the console allows deployment of workflows without server restart. However, this does not seem to be the case; when I deploy a workflow, new workflows that are started still do so with the old information. I have intermittently had success with various combinations of shutting down and restarting the service, rebooting the server and getting angry, but haven't managed to get the same combination to work twice.

I've been using the example ad-hoc workflow and have edited only the email text (mail.parameters.text = "etc"). When I use the console to deploy this I get a new version number and the follwing message:
Last command: deploy alfresco/workflow/adhoc_processdefinition.xml
Duration: 454ms
—– 
[WARNING] swimlane 'initiator' does not have an assignment
deployed definition id: jbpm$25 , name: jbpm$wf:adhoc , title: Adhoc , version: 12
definition: jbpm$25 , name: Adhoc , version: 12
workflow: None
path: None

As this looks pretty similar to the text on the wiki page I haven't worried about it. As one can see, I'm up to version 12 and still struggling with editing one line of text. Have I missed an important point, like having to tell the server which version of the process definition to use? I note the "use definition" command, which I've tried, to see if it will force the server to do something, with no luck.

Many thanks in advance, Neil

Outcomes