AnsweredAssumed Answered

Remote DM Deployment

Question asked by tmhilton on Jan 3, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2011 by rptester
I am trying to set up a staging and production environment on two systems. I would like to have the staging environment set up to deploy to a local deployment receiver that is accessible under Web Deployed on the staging system. I would like to have the production set up to deploy to a remote deployment receiver that is accessible under Web Deployed on the production system.

I have set up different combinations of environments from Windows XP to Windows XP, Mac to Mac, and even Windows XP to Mac. I have seen this issue posted in other threads and have yet to get it to work successfully.

Here is what I have done:

Staging System

Set up a Web Project called Test

Set up Deployment Receiver for Staging
Type =Live Server
Display Name = Staging
Host = Localhost
Username = admin
Password = password
Target = alfresco

Set up Deployment Receiver for Production
Type =Live Server
Display Name = Production
Host = 192.168.1.2
Username = admin
Password = password
Target = alfresco

Production System

Set C:\Alfresco\tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco-global.properties
   deployment.dmr.consolidate=true
   deployment.dmr.name=alfresco

I’ve tried several different combinations and variations including setting up a Web Project on the production system, setting the alfresco.rmi.services.port and host on each system, and setting the JAVA_OPTS to -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.1.2. No matter what I do I get the same error:

“Could not connect to remote deployment receiver, transportName:default, hostName:192.168.1.2, port: 50500”

Here is the detailed message from the log file:

15:17:55,907 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.avm.actions.AVMDeployWebsiteAction] Deployment Error
org.alfresco.service.cmr.avm.AVMException: 00030033 Deployment exception, unable to deploy : srcPath:test:/www/avm_webapps, target:alfresco, version:3, adapterName:default, hostName:192.168.1.2, port:50,500, error:org.alfresco.service.cmr.avm.AVMException: 00030032 Could not connect to remote deployment receiver, transportName:default, hostName:192.168.1.2, port: 50500
   at org.alfresco.repo.deploy.DeploymentServiceImpl.deployDifferenceFS(DeploymentServiceImpl.java:1275)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.CheckTransactionAdvice.invoke(CheckTransactionAdvice.java:47)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionAdvice$1.execute(RetryingTransactionAdvice.java:64)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:381)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionAdvice.invoke(RetryingTransactionAdvice.java:67)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
   at $Proxy93.deployDifferenceFS(Unknown Source)
   at org.alfresco.repo.avm.actions.AVMDeployWebsiteAction.executeImpl(AVMDeployWebsiteAction.java:403)
   at org.alfresco.repo.action.executer.ActionExecuterAbstractBase.execute(ActionExecuterAbstractBase.java:133)
   at org.alfresco.repo.action.ActionServiceImpl.directActionExecution(ActionServiceImpl.java:749)
   at org.alfresco.repo.action.ActionServiceImpl.executeActionImpl(ActionServiceImpl.java:675)
   at org.alfresco.repo.action.AsynchronousActionExecutionQueueImpl$ActionExecutionWrapper$1$1.execute(AsynchronousActionExecutionQueueImpl.java:443)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:381)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:253)
   at org.alfresco.repo.action.AsynchronousActionExecutionQueueImpl$ActionExecutionWrapper$1.doWork(AsynchronousActionExecutionQueueImpl.java:452)
   at org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.AuthenticationUtil.runAs(AuthenticationUtil.java:508)
   at org.alfresco.repo.action.AsynchronousActionExecutionQueueImpl$ActionExecutionWrapper.run(AsynchronousActionExecutionQueueImpl.java:455)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.alfresco.service.cmr.avm.AVMException: 00030032 Could not connect to remote deployment receiver, transportName:default, hostName:192.168.1.2, port: 50500
   at org.alfresco.repo.deploy.DeploymentServiceImpl.getDeploymentReceiverService(DeploymentServiceImpl.java:940)
   at org.alfresco.repo.deploy.DeploymentServiceImpl.deployDifferenceFS(DeploymentServiceImpl.java:1130)
   … 28 more
Caused by: org.springframework.remoting.RemoteLookupFailureException: Lookup of RMI stub failed; nested exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 192.168.1.2; nested exception is:
   java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
   at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.lookupStub(RmiClientInterceptor.java:215)
   at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.prepare(RmiClientInterceptor.java:147)
   at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.afterPropertiesSet(RmiClientInterceptor.java:135)
   at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(RmiProxyFactoryBean.java:68)
   at org.alfresco.repo.deploy.DeploymentReceiverTransportAdapterRMI.getTransport(DeploymentReceiverTransportAdapterRMI.java:41)
   at org.alfresco.repo.deploy.DeploymentServiceImpl.getDeploymentReceiverService(DeploymentServiceImpl.java:931)
   … 29 more
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 192.168.1.2; nested exception is:
   java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
   at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:601)
   at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:198)
   at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184)
   at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:322)
   at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
   at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Naming.java:84)
   at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.lookupStub(RmiClientInterceptor.java:200)
   … 34 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
   at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
   at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
   at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
   at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
   at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
   at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:525)
   at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:475)
   at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:372)
   at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:186)
   at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
   at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
   at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:595)
   … 40 more

I can get the deployment to work using the standalone deployment receiver (on Windows XP and Mac) using the 44100 port. The problem is I would like it to deploy to another instance of Alfresco running on a production system. Is this possible? Any tips or suggestions on what I am doing wrong? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Tod

Outcomes