AnsweredAssumed Answered

Extending Share via web-extension

Question asked by matt.bennett on Jan 11, 2011
Hello,

I'm customizing our Share installation, making minor changes to templates and portlets. I've successfully managed make some changes by placing updated webscripts files under $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension/site-webscripts. This works beautifully and means I don't have to deploy a custom .war file.

I also want to make some changes to the code under site-data, in particular to the default dashboard layouts described in site-data/presets/presets.xml. I put an updated presets.xml file under $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension/site-data, but it doesn't appear to have worked correctly – the default user dashboard remains unchanged and the default site dashboard seems to be created from a combination of my file and the default file.

I also want to remove access to the customize-user-dashboard page, which I've managed by removing share/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/site-data/pages/customise-user-dashboard.xml, but I'd like to be able to do it without having to change anything under WEB-INF.

This post [1] seems to suggest that presets.xml can be changed by placing a modified copy under web-extension/site-data. Is it supposed to work this way, and if so what else do I need to do to make the modifications outlined above?

Many thanks,
Matt.

[1] http://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=27984

Outcomes