AnsweredAssumed Answered

Duplicate replication target -- Explorer wont start

Question asked by bmarkovic on Jan 12, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2011 by horns
I've searched forums for a solution but couldn't find anything quite like my problem. I'll try to explain the best I could but I'm a novice user.

I got it up and running and it worked for about a day. Then I FUBAR-ed it.

The error is:
08:39:17,348 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.DuplicateChildNodeNameException: Duplicate child name not allowed: Internal Target

The thing is that I have been dabbling with replication targets, bot how can I fix it now that I cannot access repository because of failiure to start on Explorer side – I beleive it's a bug since it shouldn't have let me create that duplicate child name in the first place, and should, after it did let me do that, at least gracefully go around the error and ignore the duplicate definition (pretend that duplicate replication target space doesn't exist or something).

IMHO the behaviour allowing the creation of unresolvable issues TTW is a bug so it's getting to JIRA ASAP. However, for my own install, I would like to avoid setting up Share sites and everything I've done already. Is there a "soft" remedy for this, a way to remove offending instances?

edit: I just noticed I didn't give any more info on my install: it's 3.4b CE on CentOS 5.5 x86, vanilla (OS provided) openJDK, oo.o and imagemagick, bundled tomcat and mysql.

Outcomes