AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can not change root 'Repository'

Question asked by 3snet on Jan 13, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2011 by 3snet
Hello,

I come to you asking for your help because, since migration of 3.4b to 3.4c, I encounter a problem I'm not sure if this is a regression bug or simply a misuse .
In fact, with version 3.4b I could change the root of a repository to display the sub-space I wanted to show users instead of displaying all the existing tree by default in the root (Data Dictionary, Guest Home, Imap Home,Sites, User Homes, etc ….).

Extract the file "share-config-custom.xml" :

<!– Repository Library config section –>
   <config evaluator="string-compare" condition="RepositoryLibrary" replace="true">
      <!–
         Whether the link to the Repository Library appears in the header component or not.
      –>
      <visible>true</visible>
      <!–
         Root nodeRef for top-level folder.
      –>
     <root-node>alfresco://company/home/Sites/contrats/documentLibrary/</root-node>

<tree>
         <!–
            Whether the folder Tree component should enumerate child folders or not.
            This is a relatively expensive operation, so should be set to "false" for Repositories with broad folder structures.
         –>
         <evaluate-child-folders>false</evaluate-child-folders>

<!–
            Optionally limit the number of folders shown in treeview throughout Share.
         –>
         <maximum-folder-count>500</maximum-folder-count>
      </tree>
   </config>

Now, with version 3.4c (French edition) this is impossible because, even with the above setting, the "Repository" button (on the Share interface) displays the entire tree without taking into account the path I indicated in the file "share-config-custom.xml" for item "<root-node>.

Could you tell me, please, if it is a regression bug introduced in version 3.4c or is there another parameter to be changed other than the file "config-share -custom.xml".

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards.

Outcomes