AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco webDav

Question asked by bcoulson on Jan 13, 2011
All

I am new to both Alfresco and webDav. I am interested in understanding how I can open a MS Office Word document for EDIT from Alfresco, presumably using WebDAV. We are actually using Bonita BPM and using the Alfresco connectors to checkout the file and access the Alfresco respoitory through the RESTful API so this question may be better placed in that forum. If so, apologies. But at the same time, I am trying to first open a MS Word document from the browser for edit and experiencing some problems. I have updated my web-client-config-custom.xml to say edit-inline-type is WEBDAV, not HTTP. That did enable me to edit and save my changes, however now when I open my document, I get presented with the wrong contents - it is an image of the Alfresco login page. Most peculiar. I can open the file with the correct contents via the mapped network webdav drive.

Can someone point me in the right direction to understand the protocol/interface between Alfresco and WebDAV? How do I create a URI that is formatted correctly and will allow me to open the correct file?

Thanks
Brenda

Outcomes