AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot run Alfresco samples

Question asked by fluca1978 on Jan 17, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2011 by lgrayson
Hi all,
I'm new to Alfresco and I'm trying to set up a development environment using Eclipse Helios and Aflresco CE 3.4c. I've downloaded the SDK and imported all the projects into my workspace, I've set up all the libraries so that I can compile the projects and here comes the first problem: the project SDK Embedded is missing, that is it is nowhere in the SDK directory. I've removed the dependency on such project and Eclipse can compile my projects. However, if I try to run the FirstFoundationClient I got the following exception:

INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [alfresco/application-context.xml]
Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [alfresco/application-context.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [alfresco/application-context.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:341)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:302)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:212)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:126)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:92)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:130)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:467)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:397)
   at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
   at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
   at org.alfresco.util.BaseApplicationContextHelper.getApplicationContext(BaseApplicationContextHelper.java:67)
   at org.alfresco.util.ApplicationContextHelper.getApplicationContext(ApplicationContextHelper.java:46)
   at org.alfresco.sample.FirstFoundationClient.main(FirstFoundationClient.java:69)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [alfresco/application-context.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
   at org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.getInputStream(ClassPathResource.java:158)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:328)
   … 15 more

I've checked the configuration file of the project and it contains the right parameters for me: CE installation path and database data.

dir.root=/sviluppo/alfresco-3.4c/alf_data

db.driver=org.postgresql.Driver
db.username=alfresco
db.password=alfresco
db.name=alfrescodb
db.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/alfrescodb
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect
hibernate.query.substitutions=true TRUE, false FALSE
db.port=5432
db.host=localhost

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks,