AnsweredAssumed Answered

Agility of alfresco with content type changes

Question asked by romschn on Jan 25, 2011
Hello,

I have WCM on staging and DM on production environment.

I want to understand how agile is alfresco with content model changes.

There are few questions as below.
1. In WCM, if some contents have been created using XSD and if the XSD gets changed - What would happen in below scenarios?
•   A new field added to XSD - What would happen to the previously created contents? How such kind of scenario generally dealt with?
•   An existing field deleted from XSD - What would happen to the previously created contents? How such kind of scenario generally dealt with?
•   What would happen to the contents deployed on to the delivery system (DM) from staging environment?

2. As WCM will generate XML files from Web forms, XML files will be deployed to DM.
    Any field from XML file if we want to have as metadata on content, we need to add an aspect and configure metadata extractor for the webform. Then it will display the configured fields in aspect under view details section of the content XML in delivery system (DM). We add aspect and configure metadata extractor on authoring machine.
    Now, what would happen to the existing contents deployed in DM, if we add/delete any fields from the aspect?

3. In DM, if contents have been created using a content type, please let me know if my understanding below looks correct or not.
•   If a new field is added to the content type, all the previously created contents will not have the new field.New contents created will have the new field.
•   If any field is deleted/edited from the content type, we will have to delete previously created contents and create the new ones.
    Is it correct?

Looking forward to the answer of above questions.

Thanks,

Outcomes