AnsweredAssumed Answered

Editing Default User and Site Dashboard Layout / Dashlets

Question asked by bigrob on Jan 26, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2011 by flopez
Hi guys, for my specific implementation it makes sense to only use the 2 column layout on both the site and user dashboards. I want to make this be the default layout and pick which dashlets i'm going to use as i'm going to create a large number of sites and users and dont want to manually go through and edit the layout for each one.

So far i've succesfully commented out sections of the presets.xml located in /tomcat/webapps/share/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/site-data/presets such that when I create a new user only the dashlets left uncommented are shown, however the dashlets are still shown in the 3 column layout. If anyone could tell me what I'd need to edit to make this layout default and/or how to define the region-id's i'd be extremely grateful.

I've been looking for where the user's layout config is stored so I could set the dashboard up as I want it to be in the preset and then look at this user's config to get figure out how to put this in as the default in presets.xml but I can't find where they're put.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Outcomes