AnsweredAssumed Answered

Logging problem

Question asked by jsmith on Feb 11, 2011
So I was finally successful at deploying alfresco + share with an existing install of Tomcat/Java/MySQL on Ubuntu 10.04.  The one final change that made it work was JVM heap settings as follows.  However though Alfresco and Share deployed and are working my tomcat log files no longer update until I stop tomcat!  Any ideas if there is a problem with my logging memory or JVM memory settings?

I added the following CATALINA_OPTS to my catalina.sh file:

export CATALINA_OPTS="-Xss1024K -Xms1G -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:NewSize=512m"

And this is what my Tomcat process looks like:

13540 ?        Sl     2:00 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/var/lib/tomcat6/conf/logging.properties -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx128M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Xss1024K -Xms1G -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:NewSize=512m -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/share/tomcat6/endorsed -classpath /usr/share/tomcat6/bin/bootstrap.jar -Dcatalina.base=/var/lib/tomcat6 -Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/tomcat6 -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp/tomcat6-tmp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Before the memory changes it would fail to deploy Alfresco everytime with ambiguous errors but the log files would update immediately.

Outcomes