AnsweredAssumed Answered

creation fast, deletion slow

Question asked by fluca1978 on Mar 11, 2011
Latest reply on May 2, 2011 by mikeh
Hi all,
I'm trying several different community editions from 3.2 to 3.4 and I'm experiencing the same problem: I can create nodes and upload documents quite fast (500 ms using web services) but the deletion of such contents using the web interface is really slow. I'm uploading a bulk of 1000 PDFs distributed each in a three level folder structure, so 1000 files and 3000 folders. Creation is fine, I can browse the content without any problem, but if I try to delete the whole space in a single step the web explorer start freezing and after +30 mins the system is still working.
If I stop the web request and reload the share I can still see the content of the share, so I guess there is a problem somewhere in the chain that prevents the system to delete the content. The alfresco.log does not report anything at all, so I guess there is no error, it is simply a slow operation. The question is why. Any clue on what to observe (I suspect a database query not working properly) and tools to monitor performances?

Thanks

Outcomes