AnsweredAssumed Answered

LDAP authentication 3.4.d with AD

Question asked by docjay on Mar 17, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2011 by muralie39
Running:
Alfresco 3.4.d
Windows Server 2003

Hello all,

I am new to Alfresco and LDAP AD and I am trying to get Alfresco 3.4.d Community edition to authenticate to my AD server.  I have read the wiki http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Alfresco_Authentication_Subsystems and I cannot get Alfresco to authenticate to my AD.  Is there a log that I can look at for some clues?  How does one know if thier site uses UPN or DN authentication?  I have tried both of these with no luck..I am sure that it is just something that I am misconfiguring on my end, but I would like to at least to look at some logs to get a clue. 

For starters, I have gone into the subsystem
D:\Alfresco\tomcat\webapps\alfresco\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\subsystems\Authentication\ldap-ad
and edited the copy of 'ldap-ad-authentication.properties' to match setting for my site and yes authentication is enabled here
ldap.authentication.active=true
   Is there any other place to enable ldap authentication?  After I make a change to the ldap-ad-autehntication.properties file I always restart tomcat.  Is that right thing to do or do not have to do this? 

Also, if someone could lead me to any type of logging so that I am able to see what errors I am getting or if it even thinks that authentication is turned on I would really appreciate it!

I did find one log in tomcat\logs named:  stdout_20110316.log and this could be the log that I need…in it I found: 
20:12:22,374  INFO  [management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] Starting 'Authentication' subsystem, ID: [Authentication, managed, alfrescoNtlm1]
  does this mean that it is not even trying to use ldap-ad authentication?

thanks again

Jamie

Outcomes