AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco user Authentication

Question asked by smcardle on Apr 14, 2011
Hi All

I have deployed Alfresco 3.4.d to JBoss-4.2.2.GA on a Windows 2003 Server R2

I have a scenario where we already have a database that contains user/password/role information for our product and we want to use this for the Authentication when logging in to the Alfresco web client.

The credentials database is configured as a JBoss security realm and the usual getCurrentUser() method for servlets works well for our application. I would like to setup the Alfresco Authentication Chain to also use this so as to avoid having to create new users/passwords and roles in the Alfresco MySQL database.

I understand that we will have to add further information for Autherisation into the Alfresco Database but does anybody have any information on configuring Alfresco so that when a user logs in, the details are checked against an external DB and if it's the first log on for this user a home space gets created in Alfresco etc.

I have configured Alfresco with external LDAP and AD servers successfully in the past but this is the first time I have been asked to use an external existing set of USER/ROLE's configured as a JBoss Application Server security realm.

Regards

Steve

Outcomes