AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom RuntimeExecutableContentTransformerWorker is blocking

Question asked by oopepe on Apr 18, 2011
Hi,

i implemented a RuntimeExecutableContentTransformerWorker which transforms Video files with the help of HandbrakeCLI into another format.
I then created a rule for a folder that automatically transforms content with right mimetype into my desired format with my custom content transformer. This is working fine.
But.. the transformation process is lasting a long time and takes alot of cpu power on my machine and during that time i cannot upload any more content to alfresco. No matter where i want to upload content to, its not working.
For example if i want to upload a file via ftp when a video transformation is running the upload stops at 0,7% and nothing is happening. In the error log of alfresco i see some " ERROR [org.alfresco.fileserver] org.alfresco.jlan.server.filesys.FileExistsException" entries. Thats because my ftp client tries to upload the file again, i think.

So my question is: Do you know if the transformation system of alfresco is some kind of blocking? Or if the RuntimeExecutableContentTransformerWorker is blocking? What could lead to such a behaviour?

Regards
pepe

EDIT: It looks like its a BUG: http://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ALF-7458

Outcomes