AnsweredAssumed Answered

Email Configuration Error

Question asked by mehul1511 on May 15, 2011
Latest reply on May 16, 2011 by mehul1511
Dear Alfresco users,

I am having an issue with setting up the email notifactions (outbound). My issue is that I made all the changes to setup gmail smtp service for outbound when I see the error log it does not reflects the alfresco-global.properties file in it. I will explain in detail with the log file error below here.

These are the following steps I did in order to configure the email notifications. I followed the http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Outbound_E-mail_Configuration and did these steps.
1. added outbound email configuration in alfresco-global.properties
2. Created a webscript named as /custom-email-context.xml
3. restarted the servers and send email.

Not to forget I also tried several things after reading the forums but nothing works for me. Also my main issue is that in the error code you can see that it is trying to connect to smtp host as smtp.alfresco.com port 25 where as I changed many times in several files giving the gmail settings, but it is not reading it from there.

Please help, I am strugling with this since many days now and I have to get it done somehow.
Any help will be appreciated.

14:01:56,901 User:admin ERROR [web.bean.TemplateMailHelperBean] Failed to send email to mehul1511@gmail.com
org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.alfresco.com, port: 25;
  nested exception is:
14:22:10,021 User:admin ERROR [web.bean.TemplateMailHelperBean] Failed to send email to mehul1511@gmail.com
org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.alfresco.com, port: 25;
  nested exception is:
14:55:49,254 User:admin ERROR [web.bean.TemplateMailHelperBean] Failed to send email to mehul1511@gmail.com
  nested exception is:
   java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect
   at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.doSend(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:418)
   at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:341)
   at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:356)
   at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:345)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.SubsystemProxyFactory$1.invoke(SubsystemProxyFactory.java:65)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
   at $Proxy258.send(Unknown Source)
   at org.alfresco.web.bean.TemplateMailHelperBean.notifyUser(TemplateMailHelperBean.java:179)
   at org.alfresco.web.bean.wizard.BaseInviteUsersWizard.finishImpl(BaseInviteUsersWizard.java:329)
   at org.alfresco.web.bean.dialog.BaseDialogBean$1.execute(BaseDialogBean.java:118)
   at org.alfresco.web.bean.dialog.BaseDialogBean$1.execute(BaseDialogBean.java:114)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:381)
   at org.alfresco.web.bean.dialog.BaseDialogBean.finish(BaseDialogBean.java:124)
   at org.alfresco.web.bean.wizard.WizardManager.finish(WizardManager.java:593)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:132)
   at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:61)
   at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:109)
   at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:97)
   at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:171)
   at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationExecutor.execute(InvokeApplicationExecutor.java:32)
   at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:95)
   at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:70)
   at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:139)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
   at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:104)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor625.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.ChainingSubsystemProxyFactory$1.invoke(ChainingSubsystemProxyFactory.java:116)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
   at $Proxy239.doFilter(Unknown Source)
   at org.alfresco.repo.web.filter.beans.BeanProxyFilter.doFilter(BeanProxyFilter.java:82)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
   at org.alfresco.repo.web.filter.beans.NullFilter.doFilter(NullFilter.java:68)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor625.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.ChainingSubsystemProxyFactory$1.invoke(ChainingSubsystemProxyFactory.java:116)
   at $Proxy239.doFilter(Unknown Source)
   at org.alfresco.repo.web.filter.beans.BeanProxyFilter.doFilter(BeanProxyFilter.java:82)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
   at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.GlobalLocalizationFilter.doFilter(GlobalLocalizationFilter.java:58)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:859)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:579)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1555)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.alfresco.com, port: 25;
  nested exception is:
   java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect
   at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1282)
   at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)
   at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
   at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.doSend(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:388)
   … 68 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect
   at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
   at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
   at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
   at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
   at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
   at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:525)
   at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:475)
   at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.createSocket(SocketFetcher.java:232)
   at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.getSocket(SocketFetcher.java:189)
   at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1250)
   … 71 more

Outcomes