AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to access archived documents via CMIS

Question asked by gregbpopstar on May 20, 2011
Latest reply on May 30, 2013 by jspuchau
Is there any way to access archived documents via CMIS?

Background:

In Alfresco Explorer I am able to delete a document which before I delete it is accessible by workspace://SpacesStore/<id> in the node browser.  After the document is deleted, it is then accessible by archive://SpacesStore/<id> in the node browser.  It is the same document which as been archived and I can restore it if I like.

When a document is archived, it gets an archived aspect (sys:archived I believe), which I tried to query in CMIS with no success.

What I'd like to do:

I'd like to be able to access archived documents via CMIS and the Alfresco CMIS extension.  I've had success with queries like the following which produce CMIS output which contains aspect data.

select * from cmis:document d join cm:titled t on d.cmis:objectid=t.cmis:objectid
select * from cmis:document d join cm:author a on d.cmis:objectid=a.cmis:objectid
select * from cmis:document d join exif:exif x on d.cmis:objectid=x.cmis:objectid
select * from cmis:document d join rn:renditioned r on d.cmis:objectid=r.cmis:objectid
(or combinations or the above joins)

This query trying to access documents with the archived aspect does not return any results:
select * from cmis:document d join sys:archived sa on d.cmis:objectid=sa.cmis:objectid

I suspect it is because the archived documents are no longer in the same store and in a separate archived store.

Can anyone shed some light on how can I access these archived documents?

Outcomes