AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sync Folder & Contents from One Site to Another

Question asked by filmchris on May 22, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2013 by wajdi.ghribi
Hello, everyone –

I am looking for a way to synchronize a folder within one site's document library to the same folder in another site. Ideally this would just be a link to avoid duplicate documents, but I can see from past posts that this is not currently possible.

For example, when a user adds a file, updates a file or deletes a file in Site 1 - Folder A, that change is also reflected in Site 2 - Folder A.

I have tried to set up a custom rule to accomplish this task, but have found that it doesn't respect the subfolder the file was added or updated in from the source. So, if I add a file to Site 1 - Folder A - SubFolder AB, the file is added to Site 2 - Folder A. Further, it doesn't appear that there is a way to delete files from Site 2 when they're deleted from Site 1.

Does anyone have any suggestions for accomplishing something of this sort? With my previous DM, I simply had a symbolic link between two directories, but that was a file-based system, unlike Alfresco's database system. I desperately need a way to accomplish this behavior. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Outcomes