AnsweredAssumed Answered

The remote server may be unavailable or your authentication

Question asked by alantruism on May 26, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2011 by mrogers
:( I inherited an Alfresco server and it appears to be broken. Please help me. When I attempt to logon I get the following error -

"The remote server may be unavailable or your authentication details have not been recognized."

I am not sure where to begin to troubleshoot.

Some errors I'm seeing are:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not resolve view with name 'site/InfoTech/dashboard' in servlet with name 'Spring Surf Dispatcher Servlet'
   org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1042)
   org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:798)

The Alfresco log has the following info:
12:12:55,322 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] Startup of 'sysAdmin' subsystem, ID: [sysAdmin, default] complete
12:12:59,917 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 04180000 Workflow deployment failed
   at org.alfresco.repo.workflow.WorkflowDeployer.init(WorkflowDeployer.java:330)
   at org.alfresco.repo.workflow.WorkflowDeployer$1.doWork(WorkflowDeployer.java:437)
   at org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.AuthenticationUtil.runAs(AuthenticationUtil.java:508)
   at org.alfresco.repo.workflow.WorkflowDeployer.onBootstrap(WorkflowDeployer.java:433)
   at org.springframework.extensions.surf.util.AbstractLifecycleBean.onApplicationEvent(AbstractLifecycleBean.java:56)
   at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:97)

Any suggestions on where to begin.

Also, are users uploaded files stored somehwhere in the file system? I need to recover a particular document and I am unable to find it. Is it saved in a database rather than in the regular file system? If so is there a way for me to recover that file without having Alfresco in a completely operational state?

Outcomes