AnsweredAssumed Answered

New User Guide to Extending Web Scripts

Question asked by enginoob on Jun 17, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2011 by enginoob
Hello all,

I'm trying to prove to myself that I CAN override the default functionality of a web script (in this case a dashlet), but so far, I am lost.  I was hoping that one of you pros could help me out, and possibly other new folks.

I followed the tutorial for creating a "Hello World Dashlet" via the link I found: http://drquyong.com/myblog/?p=25, with the exception that the files had to be placed in <install>\tomcat\webapps\share\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\site-webscripts, rather than alfresco as he had said.  Probably just forgot, and it was an easy enough fix.

Great.  Refreshed the list of web scripts, and it worked beautifully.  Low and behold, there's a "Hello World" dashlet ready to be added. 

Now, the real test, I tried to dump those same files in quite a number of places to EXTEND this by merely changing the contents of helloworld.get.properties from:

hello.world = Hello World

to:

hello.world = OVERRIDDEN Hello World

I've tried putting all of these files in <install>\tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\web-extension, tried literally creating folders beneath the web-extension directory, i.e. <install>\tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\web-extension\site-webscripts\org\alfresco\components\dashlet, as  I saw one "help site" suggest.  No love.  I feel like I'm close, and that this shouldn't be that hard.  Any suggestions?  I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Dave

Outcomes