AnsweredAssumed Answered

Site with no manager

Question asked by astewart on Jun 23, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2011 by astewart
Hi Guru's,

Hoping that someone can help with a piece of mupettry I've managed to get myself into. I am running Alfresco 3.4.d.

We have created a moderated site called "Sales" and made various users members of the site and allocated one "Manager".  However that Manager has since left and we deleted that user.  I now have a "Sales" site with no Manager and I can't seem to accept newly invited users into that site.  If I try to approve a user, who has been Invited, I get the message;

"org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.AccessDeniedException: 05233114 Failed to update task with id 'jbpm$509'"

I am assuming this is because my user id is assigned as just a "Consumer" of the Site.  In fact all members seem to be Consumers.  I have signed on with the administrator ID, but can't change anybodys role within the site and can only join "Sales" as a consumer too.  Admin also doesn't have the option to approve the invite.

I did see this topic which seemed to go some way about upgrading a user to a Site Manager (http://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=23905) and I have created the .js file as shown, but I cannot find anywhere that presents me with the "Run Action" option - both within Shares and Alfresco.  Now I suspect this is me being a complete idiot, and if anyone could point me in the right direction of where to find this elusive "Run Action" option (using words of less than two syllables) I would be most appreciative. 

Alternatively if you can point me in the direction of how to resolve the above I would also be in a somewhat happier place :)

Many thanks for your help.

Andy

Outcomes