AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inbound Mail in a company environment

Question asked by avariel on Aug 3, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2011 by avariel
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to configure Inbound Mail inside a smallish company network that, among other stuff, sports Active Directory and Exchange.
I was provided a server (lets call it alfresco_srv.company.com) to ssh to, setup a standard installation of Alfresco and put the following lines concerning Mailstuff into /usr/local/alfresco/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties:

email.inbound.enabled=true
email.inbound.unknownUser=anonymous
email.server.enabled=true
email.server.port=25
email.server.domain=alfresco_srv.company.com
email.server.connections.max=3
email.server.allowed.senders=.*

The goal is to use my company-issued mailadress (lastname@company.com) to upload mails into an alfresco space. I didn't try to integrate Alfresco with Active Directory yet, so I settled with just creating an Alfresco-User called "lastname" with "lastname@company.com" as mailadress in the profile. I added the user to the ALFRESCO_ADMINISTRATORS group (to kill off all authorization-problems right from the start) and the EMAIL_CONTRIBUTORS group. I created a space and checked the Email ID (589).

The I fired up my personal Outlook-Client (which uses our Exchange Server) and tried writing a mail to the space. I tried "589@alfresco_srv.company.com" as the recipient since I could guess that the usual "@company.com" would confuse the hell out of the Exchange Server. Didn't help though, I got an automatically generated mail back that amounted to "Couldn't find recipient, 550 Recipient verification problem".

Can anybody explain to me what I'm missing/doing wrong? I guess it could be some missing configuration at the Exchange Server, but I'd like to know for sure and (best case) what exactly to do before I start bugging busy network administrators ;-)

Thanks in advance

Outcomes