AnsweredAssumed Answered

CIFS problems with large documents repository

Question asked by icarrara on Sep 25, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2011 by icarrara
I installed Alfresco 3.4.d using Tomcat 6 and MySql 5.1 on a WIndows Server 2008 64 bit with 32 Gbyte of memory and fast SAS hard drives.

The JVM that host Tomcat starts with the below configuration:
-Xss1M
-Xms16G
-Xmx16G
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
-XX:NewSize=1G
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=80
-Duser.language=it
-Duser.region=IT

I mapped the O: disk unit to the \\localhost\Alfresco CIFS file server, and I can see my large base of folders and files, around 1.500 folders with many PDF files inside.

Starting long batch operations on this O: disk mapped to the Alfresco CIFS server, for example to backup to an external backup unit or to copy some files from folder to folder using copy commands or Windows backup tool or reading the Alfresco repository using a FTP client), after some time the above mapping (O: disk unit to the \\localhost\Alfresco CIFS filse server) is lost and  can't access to the Alfresco repository via CIFS .

I need to close the Windows session (logout) - Then, when I reopen the Windows session, I can access again to the Alfresco repository via CIFS.
But, of course, if I start again my backup or copy or FTP transfer, I lost again the access to the O: disk mapped to the Alfresco CIFS server.

When I lost the access to the  Alfresco repository via CIFS, in the Tomcat's log I see the below messages:

10:13:01,235 User:spoolmaster WARN  [alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache' is full (1000).
log4j:ERROR Failed to rename [alfresco.log] to [alfresco.log.2011-09-24].
10:13:55,132 User:spoolmaster WARN  [alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache' is full (1000).
10:15:40,494 User:spoolmaster WARN  [alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache' is full (1000).
10:15:44,035 User:spoolmaster WARN  [cache.node.propertiesTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.node.propertiesTransactionalCache' is full (5000).
11:16:47,360 User:spoolmaster WARN  [alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache' is full (1000).
11:17:12,538 User:spoolmaster WARN  [alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache' is full (1000).
11:24:59,786 User:spoolmaster WARN  [alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache' is full (1000).
11:26:19,455 User:spoolmaster WARN  [alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache' is full (1000).
11:28:55,605 User:spoolmaster WARN  [alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.contentDataTransactionalCache' is full (1000).
11:28:59,411 User:spoolmaster WARN  [cache.node.propertiesTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.node.propertiesTransactionalCache' is full (5000).
12:42:26,948 User:spoolmaster ERROR [org.alfresco.fileserver] java.lang.RuntimeException: A channel has already been opened
java.lang.RuntimeException: A channel has already been opened
   at org.alfresco.repo.content.AbstractContentReader.getReadableChannel(AbstractContentReader.java:219)
   at org.alfresco.repo.content.AbstractContentReader.getFileChannel(AbstractContentReader.java:247)
   at org.alfresco.filesys.repo.ContentNetworkFile.openContent(ContentNetworkFile.java:373)
   at org.alfresco.filesys.repo.ContentNetworkFile.readFile(ContentNetworkFile.java:632)
   at org.alfresco.filesys.repo.ContentDiskDriver.readFile(ContentDiskDriver.java:3473)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.procReadAndX(NTProtocolHandler.java:2649)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.runProtocol(NTProtocolHandler.java:263)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.runHandler(SMBSrvSession.java:1366)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.processPacket(SMBSrvSession.java:1458)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.CIFSThreadRequest.runRequest(CIFSThreadRequest.java:59)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.server.thread.ThreadRequestPool$ThreadWorker.run(ThreadRequestPool.java:153)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
12:42:26,948 User:spoolmaster ERROR [org.alfresco.fileserver] java.lang.RuntimeException: A channel has already been opened
java.lang.RuntimeException: A channel has already been opened
   at org.alfresco.repo.content.AbstractContentReader.getReadableChannel(AbstractContentReader.java:219)
   at org.alfresco.repo.content.AbstractContentReader.getFileChannel(AbstractContentReader.java:247)
   at org.alfresco.filesys.repo.ContentNetworkFile.openContent(ContentNetworkFile.java:373)
   at org.alfresco.filesys.repo.ContentNetworkFile.readFile(ContentNetworkFile.java:632)
   at org.alfresco.filesys.repo.ContentDiskDriver.readFile(ContentDiskDriver.java:3473)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.procReadAndX(NTProtocolHandler.java:2649)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.runProtocol(NTProtocolHandler.java:263)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.runHandler(SMBSrvSession.java:1366)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.processPacket(SMBSrvSession.java:1458)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.smb.server.CIFSThreadRequest.runRequest(CIFSThreadRequest.java:59)
   at org.alfresco.jlan.server.thread.ThreadRequestPool$ThreadWorker.run(ThreadRequestPool.java:153)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Please, any help?
Thank you in advance!

Ivano C.

Outcomes