AnsweredAssumed Answered

Should sync work both ways on Linux?

Question asked by aptanet on Jan 23, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2013 by alxgomz
I've got the client running on Linux, and yes I know technically that isn't an option yet, but there's code in there and I've got it working :) My quick question is whether the sync should be working both ways on this client yet. I can see there is specific Linux code within the jar, but I'm no Java programmer so that's as far as it goes. I can log in and sync down to the client without problems (that I'm aware of), but changes don't get sync'd up to the server (this is a 100% test environment so I can play without worrying). I was wondering whether this was because the Linux side of the code didn't do this yet, or whether there was something I could help debug.

In case it is of any help, the only thing I see logged to the screen that may be signs of an error is:

org.alfresco.webservice.util.WebServiceException: Unable to get content as inputStream.

I'm running the 4.2.c Community version, which I would have added, but it isn't an option in the drop down.

I should have added that I'm running on Ubuntu 12.10 on the client and 12.04 on the server. I've downloaded jnotify-lib-0.94.zip, but it doesn't seem to need it, and I've extracted the .jar from the DesktopSync_windows_0_9_6.exe file. I'm using the default Java on Ubuntu, which looks to be openjdk-7-jre.

Outcomes