AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco IMAP problem

Question asked by coyoteugly on Jan 25, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2013 by coyoteugly
Hi all,

I'm trying to configure Alfresco 4.2.c IMAP protocol to access via Outlook at the contents.
My Alfresco is installed on a Ubuntu 12.04 test server (no production) with a public IP but not a web-domain associated. Firewall is disable, so port 143 is open.
So I edited the /etc/hosts file and added the following line to create a 'dummy domain name' that does not exist really. Example:
127.0.0.1   myalfrescosrv.com
95.x.x.x    myalfrescosrv.com

After I made the same operation on my windows client editing the file host:
95.x.x.x    myalfrescosrv.com

Now my server and my client correctly recognize the myalfrescosrv.com domain at my IP 95.x.x.x .

At this point I configure the /opt/alfresco/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties file adding the following line to enable IMAP protocol:
imap.server.enabled=true
imap.server.port=143
imap.server.host=myalfrescosrv.com

After Alfresco startup I checked my logs on Alfresco.log file, and it seems to be all OK:
11:36:05,095 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] Starting 'imap' subsystem, ID: [imap, default]
11:36:08,619 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.imap.AlfrescoImapServer] IMAP service started on host:port myalfrescosrv.com:143
11:36:08,619 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] Startup of 'imap' subsystem, ID: [imap, default] complete

So I try to configure my Outlook client in this way:
NAME:admin@myalfrescosrv.com
EMAIL:admin@myalfrescosrv.com
TYPE:IMAP
SERVER IMAP:myalfrescosrv.com
SERVER SMTP:myalfrescosrv.com
USERNAME:admin
PASSWORD:********

Anyway Outlook can't connect on my Alfresco Server!
I really don't understand what is wrong… I don't find the mistake…

Can you help me?
Thanks a lot. Regards.

Outcomes