AnsweredAssumed Answered

Incremental Backup vs Deleted File Restoration

Question asked by eswbitto on Jul 29, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 by eswbitto
I'm wanting to get a collaborative consensus from the community on this. Right now I'm running nightly backups on a test install of Alfresco 4.2.c which we are planning on going live within weeks. My question is that…What is the preference when implementing a backup strategy? What has worked for you?

The reason I ask is we are doing full backups (they are compressed) instructions taken from HERE. I've skimmed through the forums and I know that the content.store categorizes files uploaded by date/time which is really great! The other aspect is from what I understand when a file is deleted (or version of a file) it can be restored I believe within a 14 day period from the time it would have been deleted.

That being said…When implementing an incremental to run on the date and time strategy that alfresco has, is there still a requirement to also have the database set along side that incremental? Looking at the database file structure there doesn't appear to be the same strategy used as in the content.store.
So would just backing up the whole database directory to coincide with that particular incremental work?

OR
Am I just over thinking this completely? I'm using just a (full) hot backup nightly that will progressively get larger over time. Having that coupled with just the reliance on being able to restore in a 14 day window a better solution?

Outcomes