AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 8 - Can't edit dashlets

Question asked by dklynd on Aug 12, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2013 by enkidu
I just recently put together a new server running Alfresco 4.2.c on Ubuntu 12.04. Everything is working great except that my Windows 8 clients cannot modify the dashlets. In IE 10, for example, the edit icon (pencil) doesn't even appear when the mouse is within the bounds of the dashlet. I have tested a number of browsers and all seem to have some sort of issue on Windows 8 (both 32 & 64 bit)

Here's what I've tested on these clients:
IE 10 - Version 10.0.9200.16635 - Edit and help icons don't fade into view
Chrome - Version 28.0.1500.95 m - Edit and help icons fade into view; help icon displays the help box; edit icon does nothing.
Firefox - Version 23.0 - Same issues as Chrome
Opera - Version 15.0.1146.153 - Same issues as Chrome
Safari - Version 5.1.7 (7534.57.2) - Same issues as Chrome

Now on my Winows 7 clients, IE 10 has the same symptoms as Win 8 clients. But this is simply circumvented by installing an alternate browser. Does anyone have any ideas why I am experiencing these issues with Win 8 clients?

EDIT:
I believe that I should mention that I have Alfresco's Tomcat being proxied through Apache2 where my commercial SSL certificate is installed. To do this, I adapted the instructions on the following site:
http://sysadminnotebook.blogspot.com/2012/08/deploying-alfresco-to-apache-server.html

Thank you in advance,
-dklynd

Outcomes