AnsweredAssumed Answered

Workflow form with selection

Question asked by itzamna on Mar 23, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 by ddraper
Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice on how I can enhance a workflow form in the way that a user has to enter values in at least two textboxes where a button is behind that executes some action with the values and return a result in a new form field.
The use-case to cover is:
In my workflow formular I have a section "Vendor information" that contains 2 textfields, one for country and one for name. The user is able to enter values for both (at least the country should be a dropdown). Then he clicks on a button "Get Vendor ID" near the fields. The action behind the button should call a webscript that return the vendor ids based on the country/name selection via internal search. The result should be returned and displayed+stored in a new property so that it is available for the rest of the workflow. Once the user has filled the vendorId based on his inputs he is able to start the workflow.

I don't know about the best approach and where to start? Should I create my own control and include anything in it? Is there an easier way? Are there any templates (like the packageitems.ftl) and/or available documentations that I can use to achieve the goal? Maybe I can use AIKAU already in some way (I'm using Alfresco 5.1)?

I appreciate any inputs!
Thanks guys.

Outcomes